Thursday, October 3, 2013

Come, Listen to a Prophet's Voice!

The Conference Center in Salt Lake City, Utah
Twice a year, the first weekend in April, and the first weekend in October, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints holds a General Conference in Salt Lake City.

Twice a year, as a church organist and Sunday School teacher, I get a weekend off!  I can even attend church at home, in my jammies!  It is just a wonderful weekend.

But not just because of that.


It's also a special time to hear from the leadership of the church, men and women who are called of God.

Some truly great sermons are preached on these weekends to a world-wide audience of millions of Latter-day Saints spread all over the world.  The proceedings are carried over internet, cable and radio.

God's Prophet here on earth and President of the Church, Thomas S. Monson is shown above
flanked by his Counselors, Henry B. Eyring and Dieter F. Uchtdorf
I love the leadership of the church.  Listening to conference is always a big spiritual vitamin shot that helps keep me going for the next six months.

The Conference Center will be filled to its capacity of 26,000
There are three sessions this coming Saturday, October 5th, and two sessions on Sunday, October 6th.  To find out how to tune in where you are, simply go to LDS.org.

I'll be watching on BYU TV which (thankfully) my carrier network, Direct TV, carries.  And I promise you I'll still be in my jammies...  with my cat... and some cinnamon rolls... and a big box of Kleenex beside me.



No comments: