Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Around Stockholm


Spending a nice healthy chunk of your summer in Sweden isn't something all of us get to do.  So I hope you will indulge me while I post some more shots of Stockholm and environs.  


Take a minute to pretend you are really there, with gentle, cool summer breezes and a (sometimes) brooding sky.


We would have to go shopping, of course!


We'll play "spot the tourists" (above).  There's at least one.  Can you see him?


We'll visit quiet churchyards.


As well as the bustling city streets.  Here is a quiet corner of Stockholm.  A ubiquitous 7-Eleven store sits at the end of this picturesque alleyway, so we can even go get a Slurpee. (at least I think they have them there!)

Below we see the Stockholm skyline.  It looks so green and inviting, doesn't it?  Can't you almost smell the clean, fresh air?


Of course, it is much nicer if you take cute guys along with you.


Just saying.  That would be one of my basic criteria.


We can marvel at old, beautiful architecture.


And walk through quaint city streets, and enjoy the charming cobbled plazas.


This little mini-vacation has been brought to you by... me.  With thanks to my brother for the photos!

Now I'm ready to face my day!

No comments: