Monday, October 21, 2013

A Perfect Birthday

Linguini with pork. Yum.
I had a great birthday last year, which included lots of really yummy food.  I'm obviously so emaciated that folks feel the need to...  no, that can't be it.

So, I've waited long enough to share.  Let me tell you all about it!

First, I got several phone calls before I even left for work in the morning.  The calls were from people who live out of state.  Each actually sang Happy Birthday to me!  That was the best.

When he heard it was my birthday, the kid at McDonald's high-fived me.  He's my bud.  I stopped by for my breakfast burrito on the way to work and he was so sweet. Later, the ladies at work took me out for a lovely lunch at a tiny Mexican place, we had a good time and laughed a lot.  Laughing is an important birthday component when you are as old as I am.  

Then, later, I came home to find my neighbor had made me a delicious dinner.

Garlic Toast
After dinner, we watched a movie and then I was surprised with a birthday cupcake!  I had my choice of a bunch of flavors of gourmet cupcakes.  Can you believe that?  I chose Peanut Butter and Jelly.  It was an awesome cupcake that really tasted like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, actually filled with grape jelly filling!  And, even though it was a small birthday cake, it came complete with candles and singing.

It doesn't get much better than that, friends!

I was so blown away by all the fun things, I forgot most of the day's photo ops.  So, you'll just have to imagine everything except the red pepper sausage linguini and awesome garlic toast.

It was a really lovely day.

This year... well, this year was even better!

There was a big party the weekend before, then there were lots of dinners, well-wishes and spending time with people I truly love throughout my birthday weekend.  Good food, good conversation, terrific surprise presents, and even a little cake!  The weather was beautiful.  Hey, what more can you ask?

Thank you, all you friends and family who made it possible.  I know some of the best folks EVER.  You all make my life more enjoyable.

I hope you've had a terrific birthday (or two) just like this at one time or another in your life - and may we all have a few more!

Amen.

2 comments:

Marybeth said...

So glad you had a great birthday - you deserve it!

Linnea said...

Sounds like a fantastic birthday!!

Somehow I never seem to get to the post office, but I do have a card for you sitting at home. A little late but that just helps the celebration last longer, right??