Monday, January 16, 2012

A Charming Cottage in the Northwest

I was not happy when my friend Desiree moved to the Pacific Northwest.  It's way too far away!  However, she is very happy living closer to nature in this beautiful area of the world.  This is her delightful cottage.  We're getting a mini tour!
Desiree has a charming home with a Victorian theme running throughout.  This home is also filled with lots of fat cats.  Just as a home should be.
This is a photo of the foyer with a Queen Anne writing desk.  I love that you can see the cat toys on the parquet floors!  Desiree mentions that this is the kitty's play room.  Did you see the old-fashioned phone?  Lovely!
The pristine kitchen makes me sigh with... okay, I'll admit it: jealousy.  Desiree is an accomplished cook and baker.  She will put it to good use!
This is my favorite of all the pictures!  I love love love the old fashioned looking, yet modern, stove - I have no idea where you would find something like that.  Desiree says it's her pride and joy.  It may look like the old wood-burning stoves, but this one is fully modern and electric. 

Doesn't the little black and white cat look like Fat Louie of The Princess Diaries fame?  I think so! 

Desiree writes: "The kitties love my big kitchen.  They can watch the birds, humming birds, squirrels and chipmunks out the back sliding door."

I hope you have enjoyed this beautiful, and unusual, home tour.  Desiree has promised pictures of her fairy garden in the spring.  I can't wait!

No comments: