Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Welcome Home!

When Brother and Sister Gwinnup moved into our Ward, they were newlyweds and he was headed off to Afghanistan.  It's been a long year and a couple of months since then, and I'm so happy to report Austin's safe return from the war.  


It reminds me of an old song by Ira Gershwin and Jerome Kern from the 1940s when so many other couples were parted by war:

"Long ago and far away I dreamed a dream one day
And now that dream is here beside me!

 "Long the skies were overcast but now the clouds have past
You're here at last!

"Chills run up and down my spine, Aladdin's lamp is mine
The dream I dreamed was not denied me!

"Just one look and then I knew that all I longed for long ago
Was you!
 "Just you!"


Glad to have you safely home, Austin!

God bless our troops, wherever they may be.

No comments: