Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pink Roses and Strawberries

My mom and a pink rose.  
Mother's Day is a day I mostly dread.  I'm sorry.  It's just a tough day for me, and I know I'm not alone in that.  So, imagine my total surprise when Mother's Day turned into a very lovely day for me this year.

First there was the chocolate and pink roses at our church services.  (What's not to like about chocolate and roses?)  

Then there was a lovely dinner and good time with friends.  And by lovely dinner, I mean really YUMMY.

Couscous and veggies
I really loved both the garlic chicken and the delightful couscous with butternut squash, zucchini and carrots.  I could eat that every day.  (My neighbor is a great cook.)
Garlic Chicken
 Then, we played a rousing game of Yahtzee!

Going for that high score!
It's been a long time since I've played Yahtzee!

Our handsome and accomplished Chef contemplating his next Yahtzee move
We also ate a considerable amount of chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.  These were prepared by the Young Women in our Ward as a camp fundraiser.  They were REALLY GOOD. I don't know where they get their strawberries, but these were huge, juicy and quite flavorful.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries!
I was not expecting anything out of the ordinary this Mother's Day, and was very much resigned to soldiering through it... so this very wonderful day came as a delightful and a complete surprise.  My thanks to everybody who helped make it so very special.  (Judy, Laurel, George, Peggy!)

You guys are the BEST.

No comments: