Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Elder Anders in Action!

Elder Ander (far left), member performing the baptism, the lady being baptized, and Elder Christiansen
Someone asked me not long ago why I wasn't blogging about my nephew Anders, who is currently serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the state of Texas, USA.

Those who have been reading this blog for a while realize that I followed my nephew Nils' missionary experiences in Mexico fairly closely, so it's understandable that someone would be curious why Elder Anders wasn't getting his fair share of news coverage.

The simple answer was that I hadn't received a photograph from him to post since he left the MTC for Texas back in December!

Well, the drought ended on Monday, when I received the above photograph.

Woo-hoo!  I got a photograph!

Elder Anders' comment?  "Look everyone!  I figured out how to make the pictures work!"

He's not very forthcoming, though.  He merely notes that the guy in white is the local member of the church who was performing the baptism.  The lady in white was the one being baptized.  My nephew, Elder Anders, is on the far left. His missionary companion, Elder Christiansen, is on the far right.

The looks of joy on their faces tell it all.

Elder Anders tells me that Elder Christiansen has already been transferred since this photo was taken. His new companion is a fellow by the name of Elder Partridge.  As fate (or the Lord, in this case) would have it, he and my nephew went to school together. Small world.

As they would say in the 70s.  "Keep on Tracting!"


No comments: