Friday, April 25, 2014

Through the Eyes of a Child

Christ washing the feet of His disciples
Could it be Judas seated at the far left?  He looks guilty to me!
 Now through May 3rd, some see the Children's Art Exhibit at the Los Angeles Temple Visitor's Center.  The Los Angeles LDS Temple is located on Santa Monica Boulevard, not far from the 405 fwy.

This incredible exhibit is made up of art by Primary children of the Los Angeles Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as well as from the nearby neighborhood children from the St. Paul the Apostle school.
Jesus entering Jerusalem on Palm Sunday
I love this art!

I love the composition of the top picture. However, the Palm Sunday one above is my favorite.  I really just delight in this happy Jesus waving at us above from his donkey perch and the kids waving their palm fronds. Even the sun in this picture is big and sunny and cheerful. This lovely work of art makes me happy just looking at it!

Hosanna!

This artist took time to carefully label all the apostles.  I like that Jesus' name is in bold at the top.  That's nice.
I wish I could give these young artists the recognition they deserve, but they are anonymous at the moment. I'm hoping I get to see the exhibit and can see all the art the way it should be viewed, in person!

What lovely art work!  Come see the Savior of the world as seen through the eyes of a child.

 The Visitor's Center exhibit is open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.

The Los Angeles Temple

No comments: