Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My New Cadillac

Meet John, my new plumbing fixture
We are currently getting our plumbing completely redone in my picturesque, 100 year-old apartment building.  The old, corroded and rusted-out pipes are being completely replaced with beautiful, clean copper piping.

This is a wonderful thing.

This is also a dirty, stressful and disruptive thing.

It's not the fault of the workmen.  They are nice guys who are trying their best to do a dirty job in a professional and efficient way.  It's just the nature of any home repair, especially when you are trying to live in and through it.  It is not a lot of fun in the middle of getting to the finished product!

Which brings me to my new toilet.  It is a W.C. extraordinaire, a veritable state-of-the-art limousine in the world of toilets.

I now have two buttons instead of a handle
It is a low-flow toilet.  Quite the change from the old, rust-stained vintage 1930s toilet that I've lived with for 25 years now.  I was surprised to see buttons on the top, instead of a handle.

Yes.  There are now two buttons: Button  number one and Button number two.  They are apparently to be used for, ahem, number one and number two respectively.

The buttons sport little swirly arrows to differentiate between them.  It's hard to see in the photo above, but button number one has one swirly arrow on it; button number two features two swirly arrows.

Cool.

I can't wait for the buttons to stop working some day.  I know how to fiddle with an old-fashioned tank to get it to work.  If and when this one breaks down I'll go running home to mommy.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

In the meantime, I've been enjoying the... um...  luxury.

No comments: