Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Morris Mini


One Monday morning, on my way to work, I came across a Mini, complete with right hand steering! Now, that's something I haven't seen in a long, long while!

The Mini is a small economy car that was manufactured from 1959 up until the year 2000.  This car was considered a British icon of the 1960s.  In fact, the last time I remember seeing one might well have been in London - in the '60s!

This fantastic little car was made by the British Motor Corporation. The Mini Cooper (of movie fame) and the Cooper "S" were the sporty versions of this car.  When it was first introduced, it was marketed under the Austin and Morris names - so when I saw it, I had a moment of nostalgia and immediately blurted out, "Oh my goodness, a Morris Mini!"

The Mini was a product of a fuel shortage in the mid 1950s and was quite popular.  The last Mini was built in the year 2000.



To see one in California was a real treat.

It was a very foggy morning, too, as you can see by the photos, so, if I squinted a bit, it was almost like being a England for a moment.

Oh, just humor me.

Hope this little tiny car made you smile.

No comments: