Tuesday, June 25, 2013

More MoTabs On Tour

Loading buses in Indianapolis
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has been on the move for the past couple of weeks.  Here are some more behind-the-scenes photos of their concert tour!

My behind-the-scenes reporter, Don, writes that getting on the buses in the morning is easy... finding the bus with your stuff on it after the concert, is another story!

Tour Arena in Indianapolis
Life on the road can't be all bad - this buffet dinner (below) in Indianapolis looks mighty good!
Buffet Food - Pretty Yummy!
And of course, a nice place to bunk is always appreciated!
Nice place to stay!
Once the choir was in Madison, Wisconsin, they made their way to the Overture Hall for their evening performance.
A Beautiful Concert Venue
Overture Hall is a really beautiful place!

A View from the top!
I see Don went up to the top balcony to give us this shot.  Quite the bird's eye view!  I don't think I would sit up here if I were afraid of heights.

I'm not saying I am, but it looks a little scary from this angle!

Here is my friend Don's view from his place on stage
It's always a lot of fun to perform!  This is Don's view of the concert hall from the stage. You can see the orchestra tuning up for a rehearsal in the photo above..

Being on tour may be stressful in some ways, but I know the members of the Choir really love the chance to perform in all these different venues.  They also love meeting with audiences wherever they tour.

Setting up for a concert
Taking buses through mid-western America gave Don an opportunity to relax and check out the beautiful scenery.  He labeled the shot below a "typical home in Wisconsin".


Looks pretty good to me!  It almost makes me want to move to Wisconsin!  My Uncle Norman used to live in Wisconsin.  It's a beautiful place.  They have lots of cows there.  Dairy farms.  Green grass. Big trees.

And lest you forget, very cold winters!  (Just thought I'd put in a reality check.  You know, in case you were suddenly contemplating moving.)

What a beautiful country America is!


The Choir is making its way back home now, I believe.  They had a pretty wonderful tour!

Thanks, Don, for the behind-the-scenes peeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marianne,
The pic of Bankers Life Fieldhouse you have labeled as being in Columbus, OH is actually in Indianapolis.
Don't want to give those dang Buckeyes any credit if none is due!

Scott