Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Scary Dinner?

Do you say Yummy?  Or Icky?
I've decided what you think is yummy in the food department, and what you find icky, is mostly cultural and maybe a tiny bit genetic.

If I didn't know that tiny squid, like the one my nephew Daniel is holding (above) is really tasty, I'd probably be saying "Eeeeuuuu" right now.  But having had them, I have to say - despite what it might look like -  I bet it's very very good.

The same goes for the fish below.  Yummy or Icky?
The dinner fish
It might not look very palatable to most of you, but my guess is a lot of you will also be saying, "yum!".

It's probably pretty tasty.

It's all a matter of what you're used to, isn't it?  I see that Livia (below) is getting a gastronomic education!  She looks pretty interested in that fish!

Okay, while it doesn't totally gross me out, I must admit I'd prefer that my food wasn't looking at me.


Livia is not quite sure about this food - but she's not afraid of it!
So, where do you stand?  Yummy or icky?

No comments: