Monday, March 25, 2013

East-West Wedding




My nephew Daniel's Korean teacher got married a week ago.  She very graciously asked Fred and Livia to be a part of her wedding, and bought them traditional Korean Hanbok to wear as part of the wedding party.

Don't they look adorable?

Actually, Livia looks a little nervous - but, I suppose that's to be expected.

This large blow-up arch marked the venue.
Daniel said it was the largest wedding he'd ever attended.

The hall was massive

The crowd was huge, too!

I can't imagine feeding this many people a wedding luncheon!
The bride's beautiful mother visited with our Livia

This is a traditional display of fruits, no doubt for good luck for the young couple


Here is the lovely bride and her groom
The bride looks a trifle nervous in the above photo.  With all those people there, I'd be nervous, too!
Beautiful Bride!
But when she finally smiled, her smile just lit up the room.  I think she's beautiful.  I love the little girl holding the train of the dress, too!

Now, here come our little flower children, Fred and Livia.  Looks like they needed a bit of coaching from mom and a friend

I love the delighted smiles on all the on-lookers, however!  That just warms my heart.

Oh, and isn't the heart-shaped archway something?



Love the expressions on the faces here, too.  Looks like they managed to make it down the aisle!


The bride is wearing red shoes for good luck.


I like this glimpse of the bride's dress.  Here you can really see the embroidery on it.  It's lovely.

My nephew mentioned that the bow the couple is doing here is very Asian.  The wedding was a mixture of Asian and Western traditions.



Working with little children is always a tough gig!


Our little pumpkin looks so serious!  This is a big deal for a 2-year old!

Fred seems to have everything under control

Look at all the yummy food!  Wow.
What a very fun and beautiful wedding.  I'm so glad Daniel sent photos of this experience.

Our little flower children enjoying some food
I hope Daniel's teacher and her new husband have a lifetime of happiness together.

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

I love how you put this all together as a beautiful story! Fredrik and Livia are darling!