Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Spreading the Gospel in Texas

My Nephew Anders (far right) together with their latest convert ready for baptism
My nephew, Elder Anders, who is currently serving as an LDS missionary in the wilds of Texas, wrote a very happy, bouncy, and cheery letter home this week.  He was happy because they had a lovely investigator who was baptized on Saturday, and confirmed a member of the church on Sunday.

The Elders had a few glitches getting everything to work out, but it all came off splendidly in the end.

He writes that the Ward (congregation) they are serving in is very supportive and often bring friends to church with them.  This helps the missionaries so much, as they don't have to find these folks and can begin teaching them the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ right away.

Elder Anders writes:

I do miss family gatherings.. Families are central to God's plan. That's one thing that I've noticed most people will easily believe. There are a plethora of churches here in Texas, but I have yet to find one that teaches that families are forever, besides the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Yet we talk to people, and they say, "of course I believe I'll be with my family forever!" Isn't that interesting? I feel like that's the light of Christ that teaches them that. They can easily recognize that there is truth behind that statement.

I love my Elder Anders.  He's a good kid.  He writes that his missionary companion recently had his bicycle stolen.  It's a tough job being a missionary!

However, it's all worth it in the end.  Teaching people, providing ordinances of Salvation and pointing people towards the Temple where they can become Forever Families - that's what it's all about.

  
The Dallas Texas LDS (Mormon) Temple
Holiness to the Lord
The House of the Lord
For more information, check out this Mormon Message:



No comments: