Friday, August 14, 2015

Congratulations to Nils!

A Very Happy Nils and step-grandma Merlene at BYU

Let's give a big hearty cheer for my handsome nephew Nils who graduated from Brigham Young University yesterday. He's a truly wonderful kid and I love him a lot.

Nils already has a good job with a national internet marketing group and will go far in his profession, I believe!

Two Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints spoke at their graduation ceremonies: Dallin H. Oaks and Russell M. Nelson.

By coincidence, Elder Oaks was the president of BYU when I graduated, many moons ago.  I remember fondly him walking across the wide expanse of an empty Wilkinson Center east lobby just to shake hands with my mother and me after the graduation ceremonies.

Nils is the third of my brother's five kids to get his college degree.  I'm so proud of him!

No comments: