Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mothers' Day at Pickering Ward

The Delgado girls all looked so pretty
Okay, I have to admit I endure Mothers' Day every year. However, this year the menfolk at church hosted a nice refreshment table for all the ladies in the Ward after the block of Sunday meetings.  It was great.

It was a nice time to chat and enjoy each others' company.
Brother Ibey was in charge of the refreshment table
 I found this so much nicer than being handed a carnation flower, as has been done in the past.  I'm allergic to carnations and they're usually dead by the time I get home from church.

Our Bishop was snapping photos (far right) too!
 There was a lot of food.


We have a nice bunch of ladies in our Ward...


...and a wide variety of ages.

There were all kinds of pastries and fruit to choose from
This was taken after everything was picked over, so it doesn't perhaps look that good, but it was all yummy!
I think some of the wives put in a lot of work on cutting up fruit and going shopping... but I'm not naming names.  You know who you are.  We'll excuse the Brethren.  They just need some help now and then.

The lady missionaries enjoying a quiet moment
These after church get-togethers are always nice.

Thanks, guys!

No comments: