Thursday, May 8, 2014

Frogner in the early 70s

John and my Aunt Lillemor
at Frogner Park
Okay, I wasn't going to make Throwback Thursday a "thing" on this blog, but I find I'm often unable to control myself when these photos come my way.

John is one of the kids I grew up with in Phoenix, and the only kid I grew up with in Phoenix who ever went to Norway and met any of my Norwegian family.


These photos were taken at the Frogner Park in Oslo, which also happens to be one of my favorite places. The sculptor Gustav Vigeland filled this park with some truly wonderful statues in stone and bronze..



John and his mom visited Oslo following his LDS missionary service in Germany in the early 1970s. John went on to become a high school counselor.  He married a lovely woman and together they had a gazillion kids.  They are now grandparents.

My delightful and kind Aunt Lillemor passed away in 1999.  Time marches on.

The statues are still there in Oslo, delighting folks as they have now for more than half a century.  The world around them is much different. They haven't changed a bit.
                               


No comments: