Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer in Sweden

Glorious Sweden.

Almost as beautiful as Norway.

Sorry. Just kidding.  I'm an American of Norwegian descent, so I just can't resist taking a jab now and then at the Swedes.  Of course, my brother married a lovely lady of Swedish descent, so I have learned to control myself!

Really.  I have.

Merwyn and Britt in Eskilstuna
This summer, everyone I know seems to be going to beautiful, faraway places.

My sister-in-law's mom and dad, her sister Anna and brother Erik and families are all on holiday in Sweden at the moment.

A little cafe tucked away in the verdure
My brother and his family will soon join them.  As Scarlett O'Hara was wont to say, I'm pea green with envy.  I love Scandinavia

Erik thought he'd "neener" us by sharing these last few photos - which he took while out jogging this week outside the little town of Eskilstuna.

For us city dwellers, this looks pretty lovely at the moment.

Well, it does for me, anyway.



Anyone up for a charming idyll in the Swedish countryside?

Oh, look at the color of the sky and that beautiful green grass!  It's quite beautiful, isn't it?


It almost makes me want to go jogging.

Ha! Made you laugh!

Maybe you'd prefer a summer berry tart?

Yum!
I think I'd prefer a slice of the tart.

My infrequent visits to Sweden in the past have included a week in Borlange and zipping through Goteborg (Gothenburg to you Americans) on a train going to somewhere else (Okay, it was to Paris, so I suppose I can't complain!).

I'd like to visit more of Sweden some day.  In the meantime, I suppose I'll just have to enjoy these vicarious visits via photos of friends and family.

Hope you enjoyed coming along!


No comments: