Monday, July 29, 2013

Majestic Mountains - Carpets of Flowers

Talk about "Purple Mountains Majesty"!
This truly is America, the Beautiful.

My friends Meldee and Don went hiking up above the Alta Ski Resort last week.  They took these photos just for us!  This area is known as the Albion Basin, and it's not far from Salt Lake City, Utah.

I really love wildflowers.  I hope you enjoy these photos of the wildflowers, too.

This looks like a painting...




Carpets of yellow daisies!







I love thy rocks and rills, thy woods and templed hills!
(- from My Country 'Tis of Thee)




It's hard to see these photos of the wild flowers and not think of the artist Monet!


Am I right?

Mother Nature has a lovely artist's pallet of colors, doesn't she?



Okay, I think this is my favorite of all the photos:

I love this shot!
And now Julie Andrews will appear, twirl, and sing, "The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of Music!"

Ready. Set. Go Julie!






I feel like we need a voiceover at this point, with a deep male voice resonating the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Broadcast's famous sign-off:

...and again we leave you within the shadows of the everlasting hills.  May peace be with you, this day and always!

No comments: