Monday, September 23, 2013

Summer's End

Jeff and Anders skipping stones at Lake Målaren, Sweden
I have to say I'm not a summer person.  I know there are people like that in the world - the ones who delight in the sunshine and heat of summer.  I'm not one of them.  I prefer the cool nights of autumn, as the weather begins to turn and there is a hint of coming winter in the air.  The trees begin to burst into color...  From there it's the promise of holidays to come and a hop, skip and a jump to Christmas.

Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself.

The 22nd marked the Autumnal Equinox, and with it, the end of summer. So, today is the first full day of Autumn.

I can't say I'm sad to see summer go. Yet, even as I write this, I'm sure that here in Southern California, even though the nights are already cooler, summer will hang on for at least a month or so more.

In Sweden, and in many other places around the world, summer has already lost its grip and the world is slipping into the rain and darker days of Autumn.

Bring it on!

Photo: J. Evensen


No comments: