Friday, May 13, 2011

The Last Rainy Day




I posted these yesterday, but it appears that after blogger was down, I lost everything I  had posted.  So here I go again!

I love the rain!  It must come from growing up in the desert, but I truly do love the rain.  I love the way it washes everything clean.  How colors are muted while it's raining, and how they pop later when the sun finally comes out.  These photos were taken on my way home from work towards the end of March, 2011.  I just got excited about the wonderful way the brooding sky looked that afternoon and felt compelled to capture it digitally.  I'd snap a picture every time the car had to stop.  (Sorry, fellow commuters!) We'd been having a week of rain, and this was right after the last of the storms came through.

Sometimes I feel like I ought to move to a rainier place, like the Pacific Northwest!

No comments: