Thursday, May 5, 2011

Twenty some years ago... Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Whittier Stake put on a darn good production of Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  It was an amazingly talented cast, and we got very good reviews.  So many wonderful voices, and lots of fun to perform.
I wasn't familiar with the show before we performed it, and I was amazed at how fun it was.  I played Simeon's wife, so I got to be in several dance numbers (I could do it, then!) as well as singing in the chorus, and one line or two of a solo, while Joseph was languishing in prison.
Our Joseph was played by Tommy Garces, a handsome young man with an extraodinary voice.  He just missed the American Idol phenomenon.  He could have gone all the way.  Here he is (left) with our Pharoah, who was also a great talent.

This was such a fun show, and a very good one, for a community church production.  Sadly, it only played for a couple of performances.  It's about time we did another one!

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Oh, I remember this. Yes, it was a fabulous performance. Must do it again.