Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Elder 'Super Hero' Nils

Okay, my nephew is a bit wacky - but what do you expect?  He is, after all related to ME!  Yes, here is Elder Nils in his Super Hero pose - looking out over his area in Mexico.  And now from the ridiculous to the sublime:
Here is Elder Nils getting ready to baptize in the river, while his companion, Elder Dahl, looks on.

What a wonderful experience this was for Nils.  The picture reminds me a little of the beautiful Arnold Friberg painting of the Book of Mormon missionary and prophet Alma baptizing in the Waters of Mormon.  There's nothing to compare with the feeling of peace that comes from participating in a baptism. There is always a strong spirit of testimony there. 

He may have been kidding around in the first picture, but the moniker Super Hero is okay by me.  I think he is one.  But he's my nephew, so I'm allowed.



No comments: