Friday, July 15, 2016

Farewell to Sabrina

Suria, Carmen, Sabrina and Tiffany
It's difficult when someone you care for moves away.  Sabrina had been with my company since way before I came on board in 2008.  She was a vital part of the Corporate Marketing team - she was also the last of that original Corporate marketing team to leave the company.

That leaves me.  I've been around the longest now of all the marketing group in the company.  It's a weird feeling.

Tiffany, Nikita and Mengzhao
But, as is often the case, Sabrina's decision to leave had little to do with our company, and a lot to do with moving to the State of Washington to be able to provide a better life for her family.  Tough decision, but a good one for them, I believe.

Sabrina - I miss her acerbic wit
And so it was, back in May, that the Marketing ladies took Sabrina off to a farewell luncheon.  We went to a Chinese-French fusion place called Savoy in Alhambra.  The food was very good!


We sat outside under the awnings
Sabrina had 'trying escargot' on her bucket list, which is why Suria had brought us all here to the Savoy.  She knew they served escargot.  We allowed Suria to make the menu choices for us all, as the dishes were served family style.  That turned out to be an excellent idea!

We allowed Suria (right) to make some menu choices for us
I have to admit, despite my many travels in the world, I'd never had escargot (snails) either.  I was surprised to find that I really liked them.  Of course, they were drowned in butter and garlic - what's not to like?

The last, lonely escargot on the above plate got snarfed up quickly
The other dishes were delicious as well.  There was a spicy Asian curry and also Italian pasta dishes. It had looked like a lot of food when Suria was ordering, but we really chowed down on it.  With gusto.

There was little left after the feeding frenzy.

The dishes were varied, but each was delicious
I've always enjoyed the company of my female coworkers.  They are bright and kind and fun to be with.
My second helping of linguini
It was a fun get-together.

Sabrina has been gone a couple of months now.  I still miss her.  It still seems strange to not see her on the other side of the building, in the Corporate offices.

Hope all is well, my friend.

No comments: