Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Elder Nils is on his way!

Elder Nils Evensen arrived in Mexico City, Mexico yesterday in all his earthly glory! 

He writes:
"Flying into Mexico city is indescribable, it's probably one of the most awe-inspiring things I've ever seen! Just lights everywhere! As far as the eye could see, it was like, I dunno, from above it just looks amazing, it's huge! It goes on forever just lit up with little cars driving around eachother.


"So then we get off the plane, and the first thing we realized is none of us speak Spanish, and of course, most of the people helping us, don't speak English.

"So we pick up our suitcases and stuff, and then I start to realize, I'm the only blonde person in the place. I'm not really sure if I like sticking out like that here, so now I'm like super gringo! "

I love his comment that "none of us speak Spanish" after 2 months of intensive Spanish language training!  Ha. 

I love our super Gringo.  He'll be in Mexico City for four days and then it's off to Cuernavaca, south of Mexico City, where he'll be serving.

He sounds so happy and excited.  I'm thrilled to share in the experience through his letters.

No comments: