Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fred's Sister Livia Has Arrived!

Livia Evelina Evensen was born at 2:05 a.m. EST. She is a healthy 6 pound 7 oz baby, 19 3/4 inches long.  I'm so thrilled. She wasn't due until April 9th, so she was in a hurry to get here!

They picked a old-fashioned Scandinavian name that Holly could easily pronounce, my nephew Daniel said. Mom Holly is doing fine.  Little Livia was "kicking and crying and really healthy" according to her proud papa.  Daniel is the oldest of my brother Jay's children.

Little Fred doesn’t really understand he’s a big brother yet, I’m sure! He will be 2 in August.

Daniel also said there were a lot of children coming into the world yesterday. The maternity ward there in Arlington, Virginia was so full, they waited 4 hours for a room! I was texting them last night clear up until the end. It was so fun (well, at least for ME).

So, now I'm a Great Aunt twice over!

1 comment: