Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas Magic



I've been meaning to post about the thrill of visiting the happiest place on earth during the Christmas season and keep forgetting to do ti!

On a Tuesday in mid-December, some friends and I ventured to Anaheim. I had never been to Disneyland during the holiday season, and it just blew me away how beautifully it was decorated!

The fairytale castle was gorgeous - all blue and white and dipped in what appeared to be snow and icicles. As the weather was in the 60s during the day and maybe dipping to the high 40s at night, I was pretty sure it wasn't real, but the magical illusion of an ice castle. You go, imagineers!

The huge tree in the main street square was lovely and HUGE. (Did I mention is was hu-normous?) I got excited about all the lights in the trees and the attention to detail. I am not a fan of Nightmare Before Christmas (shudder), but I still found the Christmas changes to the Haunted Maansion to be charming and, well... festive.

I had just come from work and was tired and hungry, yet we still managed to find dinner, visit the Haunted Mansion and ride both the Indiana Jones and Astro-Blasters attractions! I also got to watch the fireworks (awesome!) and still got home before midnight.

I am now a big fan of Disney at Christmas time. It reminds me that I have to go more often for my mental health... oh yes, and only 351 days until Christmas comes around again.





No comments: