Monday, August 11, 2008

One World Is Enough for All of US

I love watching the Olympics. It is so cool to see the world coming together and showing the best we humans can be. (With a few exceptions through the years, this has been the case. )
I must confess to loving the winter games more than the summer - but even having said that, I've been totally caught up in these games since the breathtaking opening ceremonies on Friday night. It was just exciting to see the women cyclists as they breezed through ancient byways and passed the Great Wall on their bikes. I shared in the sorrow of the little Chinese gymnast who didn't do as well as she had hoped in her first Olympic trial. I cheered for Michael Phelps as he won his gold. I watched in awe as the synchronized divers did their phenomenal job of pulling off the impossible.

I marvel at the imagination, skill and excellence that human beings can attain. Go World!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point about the games bringing people together. I have been watching all of the equestrian coverage, and loved the opening ceremonies, but have to admit I've had no time to watch anything else Olympic. But I love the idea of the Games, and despite the politics I'm glad China got to host them.