Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Geriatric Rock


Okay, I liked this movie. It was fun and beautiful to look at and the music was great. I'll admit I even liked ABBA back in the day. What I don't understand is what time period the film was supposedly set in. It comes across as present day - but if Mamma was a hippy in the 60s, then our film is either set in the 80s or our young bride is a LOT older than she looks. I actually didn't mind the casting, but it's obvious the actual age of the performers and the whole plot time-line can't stand much scrutiny... And having said all that, I think I'd someday like to see a version of this done with singers who can act, as opposed to actors who can 'sorta' sing.

1 comment:

Linnea said...

I haven't gone to see this yet, but I want too. I'll let you know what I think when I do!