Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy Birthday, Christian!

My nephew Christian and his mommy with his cool birthday cake!
My youngest nephew, Christian, just turned 12 yesterday.  That's a big deal birthday.  I asked him if he felt any older.

"No!" he protested.  "I'm young!  I want to be young!"  I told him he didn't have to worry about that for quite a while yet.

Still, it seems like only yesterday he looked like this:

Christian in 2010
That's how he looked when he last came to visit me.  Now he's taller than his mom.  (Which isn't a difficult achievement, now that I think about it.)

A nine-year-old Christian with his Mom and Dad and Mickey at Disneyland
This coming Sunday Christian will be ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood.  It's one of those milestone events in a kid's life.  
I see Mom made her classic Castle Birthday Cake to celebrate.  Hooray for Mom.  She has made a fair share of those cakes through the years!  You will note it is topped with both the Norwegian red-white-and-blue flag, as well as a blue-and-yellow Swedish flag, as is appropriate for their family.


Happy Birthday, Christian!  Thanks for always making me laugh.  You're a terrific kid.

No comments: