Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sligo by Night

Lights reflect off the water on the Garavogue River

Continuing our series on Ireland, today we are seeing the picturesque city of Sligo by night.  (For my first post on Sligo, see February 4th.)

I don't have much more to add about the city itself, except to oooh and aaaah over the colors as dusk turns to night.


The French call this l'heure bleu - the blue hour - and it sure is in these photos!  Good job, Lisa!


All the buildings look as if they are quite cosy on the inside.  Even so, I'm perplexed that the streets are so very empty.  Maybe everyone is home watching TV.


Such a peaceful scene!
I think Lisa thought this was funny.
We have traffic bollards in the USA, too, actually!

I don't see any bollards, only well-worn cobblestones


I believe it's time to head for the pub for a bite to eat!


What will it be?  Some Irish stew, perhaps?


No comments: