Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Senior Prom

Anders and Olivia
Ah, yes.  Senior Prom.  I had such fun at my senior prom. I remember dancing the night away in an awfully pretty dress with good, kind friends. It's one of those all-American rites-of-passage for most of us.

My nephew Anders is a high school senior this year and attended his senior prom recently with a very lovely girl named Olivia.  

The funny thing about kids in Utah is the way they ask each other to these events.  And the way they reply to the initial asking.  I'm not sure how Anders asked Olivia to the prom, but here's how she answered him:

"Honey, comb your hair.  I believe we have a date!"
Accompanying the note was a lot of Honeycomb cereal... a... lot... of... cereal...

...all over his bedroom!
Gotta love that honeycomb cereal
I think Anders' mom was in on this!  Don't you?

Olivia just turned 16, so this was her first one-on-one date.  You know the rule: no dating until you're 16!  Until then, only group activities.  So, I take it Anders has been patiently waiting for Olivia's 16th birthday.

Shhhh.  That's just between you and me.


Pinning a boutonniere can be tricky.  Anders was smart and got her a wristlet corsage!  (It's visible in the top photo.  Ha.  Made you look, didn't I?)

They look rather color coordinated, too!  Cute.


I think it's safe to say that these two had a fun time at the Prom!

Nice work, Anders!

No comments: