Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Crew Gathering...

My friends gathered at Mark's house on Saturday for a little mayhem and media fun.  We had a creative project and twelve of us showed up: Maura, Jackie, Robin, Elaine, Gina M., Gina T., Cathy, Paula, Joyce, Lisa, me, and of course, Mark, whose house was the scene of the crime.
 Mark arbitrated and took notes from a comfy chair in the corner.  Piper the cat helped.  His brother Leo, and Mark's other cat Nimitz, didn't dare appear until the crowd had thinned a bit.  (Piper and Leo are my Jack's brothers)
We were thrilled that Gina Martin could attend.  I, for one, hadn't seen Gina in years.  (Gina is the author of the murder mysteries Reads Like Murder In Honolulu and Reads Like Murder in Kahala, both available from Amazon).  It was almost like old times.  We were in shock that Gina's youngest, Devon, is already 21!  We attended her blessing as a baby right after I first moved to California.


Here are Gina and Robin posing nicely for the camera, with Paula studiously working on the laptop behind them.  There were enough laptops and other electronic computer equipment to open a Buy More franchise.
Gina T got really involved in the proceedings...  She isn't here very often, as she now lives in Arizona.  It was great seeing her as well!
 I'm sorry this picture didn't turn out more clear.  I think bouncing and banging around in my purse is perhaps not good for my camera!  But I digress...here are Jackie and Joyce, two lovely ladies.  Joyce is trying to ignore the weird lady with the camera.  It didn't work, Joyce!

We all had such a good time.  I love my friends.  There are always about 14 conversations going on at once.  We are all very noisy.  We are all very vocal.  We are also very opinionated.  All of us.  It makes for a very interesting time.  There is never a dull moment at our gatherings.

Oh, and lot's of food!  Everyone brought munchies - enough to feed a small army.  Which, I suppose, we were.

 Lisa was having some technical difficulties.  At some point in the day, we decided that we had enough computer equipment and electronic gadgetry to successfully take over the world when we were done with our project.  Unfortunately we didn't finish in time to stage a proper coup.

 Maura and Gina M both had to leave early.  It's a long drive for some of us over to Torrance!

Here are Maura, Robin, Mark and Gina T all getting into the spirit of the day.  I heard that Jack's brother Leo nearly fell off the shelf behind them later on in the evening, after I had left.  I always miss the excitement.

Love you guys.  Pray for you... oops, I mean...

No comments: