Friday, April 1, 2016

It's that time again!



The Conference Center in Salt Lake

It's spring!  It's April!  It's time for LDS General Conference in Salt Lake City!  It's that special weekend that comes every six months where I can wear my jammies to church... so to speak!

Yes, all General Conference sessions are broadcast via BYU-TV, or on the internet at LDS.org, so they can be watched in the privacy of your own home.

Spring has brought us such a nice surprise...
Sessions are broadcast live - in California they will be from 9a-11a and 1p-3p PST on both Saturday and Sunday.

This is a great time to check out a Mormon church service without actually having to attend church in person.

Or, consider it a treat to hear a prophet speak and give direction to us for the next 6 months.

The Salt Lake Temple grounds are in full bloom for April Conference
 Very often it snows for Conference.  This year, however, I hear they are expecting delightful temperatures.
The iconic Salt Lake Temple
I look forward to Conference every six months.  It's a break from my usual church going, sure, but it's also a time to hear from some very wonderful people who are inspired in the messages they provide us for our time.

My friend Don on the Temple Grounds
My friend Don sings with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  They are a pretty awesome choir.  They will be performing throughout the services this weekend.  It's really a treat to tune in just to hear them sing.

You can also play "Where's Don?" with me.  (Hint: He's usually on the right in the front row of the choir.)

Among other speakers, some, or most, of these wonderful men will also be speaking (below). Behold the Quorum of the 12 Apostles.  They are regarded as prophets, seers and revelators by the church membership.  I have a great love for these selfless guys.  Particular favorites of mine are Jeffrey R. Holland and Russell M. Nelson.

But oh-my-heck (to use an old Utah expression), I love them all.


Here is the General Relief Society Presidency (below).  Some of these terrific ladies will also be addressing us.


And, of course, there will be words of encouragement and comfort from our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson.  He is now 88 years old.  I don't think he's been doing very well physically since his beloved wife passed away.


He is by no means the oldest of the general authorities, though!  President Nelson is 92!

Tune in and hear for yourself.  I promise you, you will feel uplifted and edified.


Whatever you do,
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND, EVERYONE!

No comments: