Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December 22, 2009 around 3:30 p.m.


My brother just wrote to me saying, "It's snowing like crazy here right now. The roads are getting bad. I've attached a photo (left) I just took out the window [of my office] with my phone. This is what you have to look forward to. :)"
After a moment of comparing the balmy green scene outside my California office window with the Utah one on the left, I say, Bring It On! Bring on the white Christmas!
Despite the fact that I'm stressing over what kind of a feat of applied physics it will take to actually get everything I want to bring with me into my largest suitcase, I'm looking forward to being with my loving family, seeing friends, reconnecting with the Evensen cousins and the cat cousins, and eating a lot.
Yup, I'm shallow. I'm in it for the hugs, the julebord and the chocolate.
So, I'll try not to think of the stresses of traveling and try to focus on the end result.
Have a great holiday and a safe travel to wherever you are going. And if you are staying home, may you find joy and happiness there, too.
God bless us every one.

No comments: