Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September Song

It seems this year is just chugging on by so fast! I can't believe we're
well into September. My mother would have been 83 tomorrow, the 17th. It doesn't seem possible she will have been gone 31 years as of October 11th. Time flies. I was 18, blinked twice and now I'm well past 50. There are so many things I still want to do and see and I feel time just slipping on by.
I was looking at pictures of the devastation left behind from
Hurricane Ike and it really hit me how fragile life is. You can have
your world turned upside down in the space of hours - or minutes!

1 comment:

Jay, the Dad said...

Marianne,

Speaking of the hurricane, Anna and Bob ended up with a huge tree crashing into their house. Here is a photo -- http://www.garrickdowns.com/gallery/5968363_kWhmC#372860690_oyrVy-A-LB

Such a mess.

Hope you're doing well. Love the blog! Love you!